Golf History Today
It seems like many golfers today get lost in the present but with golf’s long and storied past there so much be experienced. As a golf collector I am always looking for information on the history of the game that we love so much. Here is one of my favorite golf related websites.
- 1/16/1949: Ben Hogan won the Bing Crosby Pro-Am tournament, earning $2,000.00
- On this day, In 1980 The PGA Tour of Champions… The Champions Tour was formally founded
- 1/14/1945: Byron Nelson won the Phoenix Open, the 1st of a record 18 wins he had that year
- 1/13/1942: Ben Hogan wins the Los Angeles Open at Hillcrest Country Club
- On this day, In 1933 Augusta National Golf Club officially opens in Augusta, Georgia
- 1/12/1997: Tiger Woods wins the Mercedes Championship; his third win in nine PGA Tour starts…