Golf History Today
It seems like many golfers today get lost in the present but with golf’s long and storied past there so much be experienced. As a golf collector I am always looking for information on the history of the game that we love so much. Here is one of my favorite golf related websites.
- 1974: Gary Player wins the Danny Thomas Memphis Classic with a final round of 67
- 1946: Ben Hogan wins the Western Open with a record -17 under par
- 1966: Jim Barnes passes away, The 1st man to win The PGA Championship
- 1948: Ben Hogan wins the 30th PGA Championship at Norwood Hills Country Club
- 1969: Mickey Wright outlasts Betsy Rawls to win the $15,000 Bluegrass Invitational
- 1952: Ben Hogan wins the Colonial Invitational for the third time