News from TaylorMade Golf
TaylorMade’s Jon Rahm Caps Off 2017 Campaign in Style with Memorable Victory in Dubai
23 year-old sensation Jon Rahm ended the 2017 European Tour campaign in spectacular fashion by sealing victory in the season-ending DP World Tour Championship in Dubai. Relying on a full 14-club bag of TaylorMade equipment, the Spaniard – who was named the Sir Henry Cotton Rookie of the Year earlier in the week – fired a final round 67 to finish on 19-under-par for the week, a shot clear of his nearest rival.
“It’s been an incredible year and to finish this way is a great achievement. I will enjoy the moment, but I want to keep working hard to improve my game and kick on again in 2018.”
What You Need to Know:
– Rahm’s victory was his third this calendar year after turning pro in June of 2016, with previous wins coming in January at the Farmers Insurance Open and the Dubai Duty Free Irish Open in July.
– With an average driving distance of 313.4 yards, Rahm – using a ’17 M2 driver set to 10.5* – led the field for the tournament. For the year, Rahm averaged a remarkable 311.9 yards off the tee.
– TaylorMade’s 2017 drivers have now accounted for 31 victories across worldwide tours this year, far outnumbering other manufacturers.
– In addition to his distance and accuracy off the tee, Rahm putted brilliantly all week, as he finished in the top three in both putts per green & putts per round categories, trusting his TaylorMade Spider Tour Red to make 24 birdies on the week.
– While ineligible to win PGA TOUR Rookie of the Year honors, Rahm’s performance during the year earned him the Sir Henry Cotton Rookie of the Year for 2017 on the European Tour.
– The victory is the third in four weeks for TaylorMade Tour staffers, following Justin Rose’s back-to-back wins in China & Turkey.
– Rahm now moves up to No.4 in the Official World Golf Rankings.