True? No, TRUE. @TRUElinkswear #EnjoyTheWalk
Do you recall that feeling you get when company you do business with treats you as if they TRULY appreciate their customers?
Recently, I have had the pleasure of leaning about TRUE Linkswear and their golf shoes. I have used the TRUE Outsider model and now they are the only golf shoes in my closet (CLICK HERE to see the review to find out way). Last week, at the PGA Merchandise Show, I met these guys face to face for the first time and they treated me like an old friend. Today I received TRUE’s “Wayfarers” newsletter, reading gave me that ‘feeling’ I don’t from other golf companies, so I am sharing it with you folks. This is not a paid endorsement, ‘just a fan of TRUE Linkswear.
We wanted to take a minute to thank you for joining us on the walk in 2017. We wouldn’t be in business today if it wasn’t for people like yourself who have supported us and helped to spread the word along the way.
We believe in transparent business, so we wanted to give you an exclusive look at some of the highlights of 2017, and where we’re heading in 2018.
First some 2017 data:
- We achieved 36% YoY growth expanding to 17 different countries
- We launched 2 new models, which are here to stay for 2018 and beyond.
- The TRUE Original – 75 verified customer reviews (4.87/5)
- Our iconic TRUE fit and feel, with improved modern styling, waterproofing, and our highest quality shoe yet.
- The TRUE Outsider – 46 verified customer reviews (4.79/5)
- Our most popular shoe on the PGA TOUR, this shoe has now been worn by 4+ TOUR players during competition (that we’re aware of).
- We over doubled our Instagram following since the launch of Original and Outsider 8/22/17. Internally our goal is to simply keep our friends and fans more in tune with what’s happening at TRUE behind the scenes – you can follow us here.
- Our logistics have been consolidated and are now under our complete control. We’ve shifted all warehousing and fulfillment in-house. This means a few things;
- Better management of inventory and visibility of daily order volume
- Same day order fulfillment on all orders through the site
- Better quality control on all outbound shipments
- Lower shipping rates, especially on expedited shipments
- We visited China 7 times and developed relationships with 2 new shoe factories and dozens of new materials suppliers. Our new sourcing and manufacturing standards are the highest we’ve achieved in our history as a brand – all with the goal of developing the best possible quality products while maintaining fair pricing.
Our story and where we’re headed for 2018:
- In 2017 we consolidated our ownership to include a small core group of like-minded individuals – the same individuals involved in the day to day operations of the business. This change in ownership has given us a unified strategy for the brand and the opportunity to push the boundaries of what a golf shoe can be and how it should perform.
- As part of the ownership transition, we have overhauled our business model. Our focus now is simple – drive an unrivaled customer experience through exceptional product, first-rate customer service, direct customer communication and a more intimate approach to our sales channels. We now focus primarily on three channels: Direct business through our website, international partners/distributors, and high-quality green grass accounts.
- This overhaul hasn’t been without issue… we’ve had to tackle huge hurdles to improve quality during development and manufacturing resulting in delayed product samples, and missed shipment deadlines that have affected you, the customer… we are striving to improve with each product and hope this will be noticed by our customers in 2018.
- We revamped our branding, including new takes on our classic ‘tab’ logo, typography, websitedesign, and content creation as a statement to our new perspective as a company.
- We just debuted our 2018 core product line at the PGA Show Orlando. The feedback from our fellow wayfarers, accounts, media, and distributors was unprecedented. We were understaffed, our booth build was outrageous (and tons of work) but it was worth it to see the feedback from the industry. We got to meet many of you face to face – and presenting at the show for that purpose alone is worth it.
We aren’t done… We will continue to provide the most comfortable shoes in golf that perform at the highest level possible and are designed so that you can wear them anywhere. Even more new products (hint: even beyond footwear) are on the horizon for 2018 that will push the boundaries of our industry norm while we continue efforts to source the best materials we can. Our story will not waiver; that shoes should be comfortable, you should want to wear them everywhere, and they should perform beyond your expectations. We know there will be roadblocks, but we appreciate your support and loyalty through this process.
Enjoy the walk,
Ryan, Jason, Justin, Cody, Josh, Keenan, Marie, & Meoas
VISIT THE SITE
PGA Show booth 2018 – awareded the ‘coolest’ booth at the show by the Golf Channel
Our updated ‘tab’ logo – leaning into the future a statement to the innovation you will continue to see from TRUE.
The NW Pack limited release colorways. Although our core product line is here to stay for quite some time, we’ll keep things interesting with some select, rare releases.
Ryan Moore, alongside several other PGA TOur players with dozens of wins collectively, continue to provide TRUE with a strong brand presence on tour. Our goal is to partner with these legendary players to create a Player Advisory Board to help guide future releases.
With a new emphasis on ‘TRUE’, we’ll continue our linkswear heritage while we stay TRUE to ourselves and TRUE to our loyal customers.
WE’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU:
If you have any comments, questions, or concerns – our friendly customer care team is here to help. Always feel free to reach out to us:
To post a review of the Original or Outsider, simply go to the site, click on the product, scroll to the reviews section, and click ‘write a review’